Differences in ACT! Premium & ACT! Premium for Web (APFW): I have had several calls recently from people who have upgraded from Sage ACT! Premium to Sage ACT! Premium for Web, and have noticed some functions do not work. APFW is structured very differently, and thus it cannot be exactly the same for a number of technical issues. Here is a brief overview of a few of the differences:
1. In APFW, the right click functionality is gone. You cannot copy and paste via right click! You can copy and paste using keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl C to copy and Ctrl V to paste.) A number of other right clicks also have substitutes...
2. In APFW, you cannot copy the contact and paste it into another program (e-mail for example).
3. In APFW, you cannot (easily) create a contact from Outlook. You have to enter the information the ol' fashioned way. In fact, APFW does not integrate with Outlook...
4. In APFW, you cannot QuickPrint.
5. At this time, APFW has a known issue with the Limited Access feature. Sage is considering this a high priority security issue and anticipates a repair patch near term (but I cannot provide a date.) If you use APFW and have this problem, e-mail me to get on the list of people I will contact as new information is available.
Bottom Line: ACT! Premium for Web has the fantastic benefit of accessing your database via the internet, however you have to weigh that against your own needs for other features. If you are considering a move from ACT! to a Web version of ACT!, please contact me for a more comprehensive list of differences.