Personally, I needed a way to define ACT! Consulting services "On-site" vs. "Remote" (to identify preparation/travel time, to assist with documenting mileage for the IRS, etc.) Sure, I could use Meeting and Call, but better definition just makes my life easier. So how easy would it be to add a custom activity type to make your life easier?
Just a few simple steps!
2) Select "Manage", and then "Activity Types"
3) Select "Add"
4) Name the desired new activity type
* The default is that "Active - allow new activities of this type" IS checked: Be careful not to accidentally UN-check it!
5) You can leave the default icon as is or you can select an Icon by browsing to icon files (how to get or how to create icon files is a whole other subject)
6) Click OK to close the window Now when you select New Activity, those custom options will be added within the Schedule, "Other" activity menu (along with Personal and Vacation), and can be used just like Call, Meeting, and To-Do.
Remember that different versions and different User Roles can have different functionality: Contact me if you need more specifics!